For a development the size of Darwin Green, it is usual to divide up the design and construction of the infrastructure, new homes and facilities into manageable phases. Detailed applications are then submitted for each stage of development to ensure that the detail is clear and acceptable to the City Council and consultees.
The following applications are currently awaiting detemination:
- Pavillion Quarter – The Pavilion Quarter is located in the South-East corner of the site. Architects and other consultants have been appointed have been appointed to prepare a detailed site layout, including design for the Local Equipped Play Area and Allotments. Pre-application discussions with Council will shortly commence with application submission expected in Winter 2018.
- Relocation of balancing pond – This application is due to go to the Joint Planning Committee in June.
- First residential phase
- Local Centre
- The Square
Strategic infrastructure applications
In addition to the applications for new homes and community facilities, there have been a number of planning applications to establish the details of the site's strategic infrastructure. The following applications for strategic infrastructure have been determined:
- Resurfacing and landscaping works to the public right of way. Full application granted March 2014 by Cambridge City Council. Further consent granted in August 2017 by South Cambridgeshire District Council.
- Construction of a temporary haul road, full application granted November 2014 by Cambridge City Council.
- Temporary vehicular access to serve the secondary school, full application granted July 2014 by Cambridge City Council.
- Temporary haul road, full application granted August 2014 by South Cambridgeshire District Council. A further consent was issued in August 2017.
- Access to the secondary school, full application granted in June 2014 by Cambridge City Council.
- Construction of public square, reserved matters application granted in December 2014 by Cambridge City Council.
- Access roads, pedestrian and cycle paths, public open space, services across the site and one allotment site, reserved matters application granted in June 2014 by Cambridge City Council.
- Construction of access to new secondary school, approved in August 2017.